~Welcome to a-wimoweh.blogspot.com......a place where you can share your thoughts on social networking issues~

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Advertising on social networks

Have you guys notice all the small small advertisement that are appear on your MySpace or Facebook in different corner and different shape? For me, honestly I dont notice and even if I do, I would not go and click it because I'm afraid that it will link me to some viruses.

I know that now the current trend for advertising a brand is to advertising on social-networking sites. The idea is to look for new opportunities on in what's known as user-generated content. Apparently the possibilities are huge, but the risks are also quite evident and worrying. For example, users like me. Or is the quality of the content good enough to associate a brand name with?

Social networking websites appear to be a very promising place to advertise on. Teenagers are there, even young adults are there, so no wonder if brands are so attracted by MySpace & co. However I believe they need to learn how to sell their advertising spaces. I don't want my brand's ad to appear close to a "click here & get your visa" ad (or similar) and this is happening rather often on MySpace (just to make an example).

Are you a user like me or you'll actually click on the ads? You are feel free to share your opinions here~! Maybe I research more and write more on this issue based on your opinion!

-Siew Ching-

1 comment:

  1. Don't you think that Social Networking has it's problem like Bots? You know... the type of Pages where they advertise for certain "x" rated stuff?

    Recently Facebook has removed more than 13,000 of its users or (bots) due to the "x" rates stuff.

    What's your opinion on this? I think people would still return and harass the Social networking site for victims.

    Actually I used to be a victim too, I was so attracted to this girl ... and suddenly I realize that she was an advertising bot ..

    "Click here to see my Hot photos" ....

    @,@;

    ReplyDelete