~Welcome to a-wimoweh.blogspot.com......a place where you can share your thoughts on social networking issues~

Saturday, March 7, 2009

No no no...

After using Facebook for a period.....I have some of my own thoughts that I think is not suitable to do on Facebook......

1. Use Facebook mail instead of proper email

When you Facebook mail me, I have to log into my real email to find that you mail me on Facebook, then I have to go and log into my Facebook account to read and reply to your message. If you’ve got my real email address, please use it. =)

2. Add old friends and then forget about them
This is the biggest social networking crime of them all. How many times has it happened? You haven’t seen someone for 20 years; you vaguely recognise their name but not their face. They add you as a friend on Facebook and then after you accept them, you never hear from them again.

3. Adding people you don’t even know
It’s one thing to add an old friend and then never speak to them. It’s another to add anyone whose name you kind of vaguely sort of recognise. It’s like that old man in the pub who slaps everyone on the back as if they were old pals, when in actual fact he has no friends.

4. Write on a wall instead of communicating privately
The driving force behind the success of Facebook is… vanity. People love the idea that others are watching what they’re doing. Tell me this: for what reason would you invite someone to a private party by writing on their wall, other than to show off to all the people on their friends list who you don’t want to come?

5. Upload photos to Facebook and deleting originals
Uploading photos to Facebook can be a very handy way of sharing your holiday snaps. But for the love of God, don’t lose your originals. Facebook is terrible at compressing and resizing images. Facebook is not a suitable place to store your precious photos!

Well....just some of my opinions... ^^ Share your opinion here or comment about my post! You are most welcome!!

-Siew Ching-

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why people add friends they don't know. I don't do that. But i somehow often allow strangers to add me just for the sake of expanding my network. Isn't that the purpose of FB afterall =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding stranger is a big mistake, dun do it dory. Some of this flers may just cyber-stalk u later.

    ReplyDelete